Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Artist: Lana Mir



Raw Talent. With a voice as soft as Gwyneth Paltrow's and chords incorporating Folk from the 70's, how can you lose? It's new age folk music for the modern hippie at heart! I was lucky enough to catch her performance at Bloomingdales last September for Fashion's Night Out. You can preview and purchase her album on iTunes here.


{Shot by French director Aurelien Levitan, These Days was shot on a balmy November day in the streets of the meatpacking district in NYC.}

When I asked her how Fashion plays a role in her life Lana answered, "I love fashion and I love dressing up. I'm always on a hunt for my new favorite dress. My personal style changes all of the time and reflects how I feel at the moment. My music is a blend of vintage tinged alternative pop with elements of Feist, Nouvelle Vague, Astrud Gilberto, Nico, Francoise Hardy, and Billie Holiday. When performing, I to combine retro, boho, vintage and chic. I try to have my look complement the songs we perform."

Lana's favorite designers echo some of my own personal favorites: Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Diane von Furstenberg, Rodarte, Martin Margiela and Zara.

Lana’s debut album is the perfect introduction to this enchanting chanteuse - a breezy, disarming and infectiously charming collection of songs that wholly reflects Lana’s passionate and tenacious journey across the world. She left Kiev for New York City in 2003. Produced by Andy Chase (Ivy, Brookville) and Bruce Driscoll (Blondefire) Lana’s album is bursting with airy pop songs, sultry, wistful vocals, a deep appreciation of jazz, rock and alternative, Brazilian musical elements and an organic blend of contemporary and vintage 60s-style pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment